RE: What instead of click here?

The meaning of 'click here' is well known to any regular browser of the web
irrespective of their tools, and new or old users with a mouse should have
no trouble with the terminology. It may well be (briefly) unfortunate to new
users of hypertext that don't have a device without an associated 'click'
feature, but the use of a generally familiar term will improve
accessibility.

But in any case, aren't there (at least) two pieces of information here to
deal with : the linked text itself and the alt info? The linked text may say
'click here' and the alt say 'Ask Michelle' or vice versa. Surely this
should be enough? I don't personally think the argument regarding the
unsuitability of 'click me' for link listing agents holds water as a general
case - isn't it is up to the designers of the agents to make them more
accessible? (for example, including in the listing the title of the linked
page).

Cheers,
Danny.

---