What instead of click here?

From: Simon White <simon.white@jkd.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:41:26 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear fellow listers,
I am under the impression that the 'Click Here' text that often appears
on alt tags is a big no-no. However, if within text the following were
to appear:

Please click here if you want to ask Michel a question. (where the here
part is a clickable link)
Would this constitute a no-no in the same way as the alt tag wording
does, or is everyone happy that this type of copy is okay on a site?
Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.
If anyone out there does not like this type of wording on a website,
what would you suggest as an alternative. I know I am a copywriter, but
I want to get this right!
Secondly, relating to the verbose alt tags that were documented a while
back with relation to a zoo site, for bullet points in a list, is it
permissible to make the alt tags blank rather than repeating constantly,
"bullet point"?
Many thanks in advance.

Simon White
Copywriter