[w3c-wai-ig] <none>

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 09:21:02 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Navigation to Alternate HTML for Screen Readers
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 13:15:15 -0000

David Poehlman wrote:
> My suggestion is that if you have a valid reason for wanting to deliver
> alternate content such for example as high bandwidth vs low bandwidth,
> provide a page with the two choices as your front end and allow the
> taken to continually be followed.
> If you want to write in two different languages, provide an entry point
> for each language on the front page and on other important pages.

Front Page, entry point? This is a hypertext enviroment, they are no such
things, and ther shouldn't be, you can't provide that, because you cannot
provide a mechanism to force how the user arrives.  If you have distinct
urls for different representations of the same content, then every url
_must_ have a reference to every other representation.