Re: mac and accessibility - slightly ot

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 08:52:26 -0700
To: "Anthony Quinn" <anthony@frontend.com>
At 08:41 AM 10/5/2001 , Anthony Quinn wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I've attempted to research accessibility guidelines and support on the Mac.
>I found this link to a very general article which is really all about 508
>and web accessibility http://developer.apple.com/internet/_html/access.html
>
>Also, I tried to find information in the Apple Developer site (I signed up)
>and there's noting in there. If someone was designing an interface for the
>Mac, where would they go for specifics on making it accessible?
>
>Or is there any support for accessibility in the Mac OS at all?

My understanding is that Mac accessibility is quite limited.  If I
ever get some time I'll write it all up and post it on the web,
because a few years ago I had a flash of insight and registered
"maccessibility.com" (don't bother looking, it only goes to
access.idyllmtn.com -- well look if you want to see that) as a
place for putting information on mac accessibility.  But I haven't
used it yet.  If anyone wants to help, lemme know. ;)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison