info: Fw: The St. Johns University server is down

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walt Smith" <ka3agm@NC.RR.COM>
To: <BLIND-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 7:44 PM
Subject: The St. Johns University server is down

Many of you on this list subscribe to one or more lists managed by the
Maelstrom server at St. Johns University in New York (Blind-Hams,
Blind-X,
Blind-Jobs, etc.).  As a result of the events on Tuesday, the St. Johns
server is down and from what I've been told by one list owner, those who
manage the server are pessimistic as to whether it may _ever_ come back.
don't know the technical ins and outs of any of this but have seen one
message from one of the St. Johns people in which they admit that things
look very, very bad right now.  Just thought I'd mention this as I know
many
of you here follow lists from there ... feel free to repost.

--
Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC
ka3agm@nc.rr.com