Re: PDF Files and Copyright

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:57:45 +0100
To: "Graham Oliver" <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
some on this list will remember that a few months ago I had to fill in a 40
page application form, and yes it had been published only in pdf format, or
printed. so this meant that either one printed it and cut and paste or
handwrite it, or what we did which is type it all up again, with our answers
in between.
What a ridiculous load of excess and unnecessary work.
Strangely the author of the linux pdf viewer maintains the 'adobe' no
editing principle. Explaining that anyone authoring in pdf must wish for
their work not to be editable. The world can be overly complex on occasion.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory