From: "Graham Oliver" <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 4:47 PM
Subject: PDF Files and Copyright

One of the arguments put forward for using PDF files
on web sites is that the content is not 'editable' by
the web site visitor, whereas an HTML page is easily
edited by the web site visitor.
So 'We use PDF files because our information is
copyrighted and we want to protect it' is an argument
put forward.
Is this right?
What are the alternative perspectives?

Cheers
Graham Oliver

=====
'Making on-line information accessible'
Mobile Phone : +64 25 919 724 - New Zealand
Work Phone : +64 9 846 6995 - New Zealand
AIM ID : grahamolivernz