Re: unemployment and disabled

From: Terry Brainerd Chadwick <tbchad@tbchad.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:55:36 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Check out the Disabilities Statistics Center's FAQ under "What are the
income and poverty levels of people with disabilities?"

It doesn't break out people who are blind but does provide a source:
Kaye, H. S., and Longmore, P. K., (1997). Disability Watch: The Status of
People with Disabilities in the
United States. Oakland, CA: Disability Rights Advocates.

Also take a look at their reports and publications.

Another source is the International Center for Disability Resources on the
Internet (ICDRI).  They link to a number of documents about employment.  I
haven't looked at any of them, so I don't know how relevant they are.

Terry Brainerd Chadwick, InfoQuest! Information Services
mailto:tbchad@tbchad.com         http://www.tbchad.com
Accessibility isn't just the law; it's good business.
Optimizing Websites for Accessibility, Content, Search & Usability