Re: unemployment and disabled

From: Terry Brainerd Chadwick <tbchad@tbchad.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:55:36 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Check out the Disabilities Statistics Center's FAQ under "What are the
income and poverty levels of people with disabilities?"
http://www.dsc.ucsf.edu/

It doesn't break out people who are blind but does provide a source:
Kaye, H. S., and Longmore, P. K., (1997). Disability Watch: The Status of
People with Disabilities in the
United States. Oakland, CA: Disability Rights Advocates.

Also take a look at their reports and publications.

Another source is the International Center for Disability Resources on the
Internet (ICDRI).  They link to a number of documents about employment.  I
haven't looked at any of them, so I don't know how relevant they are.
http://www.icdri.org/

Terry
Terry Brainerd Chadwick, InfoQuest! Information Services
mailto:tbchad@tbchad.com         http://www.tbchad.com
Accessibility isn't just the law; it's good business.
Optimizing Websites for Accessibility, Content, Search & Usability