Re: Bengali on the web?

From: <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:07:26 +1000
To: danny@isacat.net
Cc: "W3c-Wai-Ig" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Www-Talk" <www-talk@w3.org>

Danny,

Your correspondent might like to take a look at the Victorian Open Road
project (http://www.openroad.vic.gov.au/) - they provide instructions in
many languages for obtaining fonts. Their technique might be applicable
here.

Andrew
_________________________________
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager, Internet Product Development
Vision Australia Foundation
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210
Mobile 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/

                    "Danny Ayers"
                    <danny@isacat.n        To:     "Www-Talk" <www-talk@w3.org>,
                    et>                    "W3c-Wai-Ig" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    w3c-wai-ig-requ        Subject:     Bengali on the web?
                    est@w3.org

                    27/08/01 10:48

I just received the mail below, and it must be a common problem - any
suggestions (I suggested GIFs, but that seems a bit feeble).
Cheers,
Danny.

Sir
My country name is Bangladesh and my language is bengali(bn). My
question is
if i want to show my webpages in bengali what i have to do.I want to
show my
pages in client browser who has no bengali font installed on his local
computer.Please inform me details.
I need this solution within a very short time.If u please dont mind to
reply
sharply.
shahid Reza
mdshreza@hotmail.com