Re: AccessKeys and what to use

From: Andrew Arch <amja@optushome.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:10:20 +1000
To: "Graham Oliver" <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>, "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
From a practical point of view, because everyone implements a different set
of AccessKeys, we have found that the blind staff and clients at Vision
Australia Foundation tend not to use them. They can't rely on on a
consistent combination being the home-page key for instance from site to
site, eg Alt-0, like they know that Ctrl-P is the print key with in _any_
Windows application.

IMHO it will only work, and be widely adopted and utilised, when we can get
some sort of standard for what a (minimum) set of AccessKeys correspond
with.

Andrew