Re: Fw: answers to questions on:AOL Focused Beta Test for Accessibility

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 06:24:57 +0100
To: <Demonpenta2@aol.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Graham Oliver" <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>, "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>
Paying a third party to beta test a product hardly guarantees it's independency, however it is a recognised and acceptable alternative that supposedly avoids compromising the integrity of the tests.

david wrote:

  if they pay for beta testing, it can be construed that they paid for
  the results.  Many companies do not pay for beta testing.
I'm also querying this, as I don't follow its meaning.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory on the web"