Re: netscape 6.1 and mozilla 0.9.3

At 10:34 AM 2001-08-21 , Tina Marie Holmboe wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:13:52AM -0400, David Poehlman wrote:
>
> [ Could you quote according to standard, please ? It really messes
>   up my mail-handling. Thankyou. ]
>
>> yes, we still have a problem.  the less "special" requirements on the
>> user end to make a product usable, the more likely the product will be
>
>  Hm. It seems to me that what you are suggesting, here, is that
>  any built-in method for changing the behaviour of a system falls
>  into the 'special requirement' cathegory ?

AG::  No, no, no.  But command-line switches are a 'special requirement' for a
Windows user, by gum!  You have to create a scriptlet that invokes with the
command line switch and then create a shortcut to the scriptlet.  Not
equivalent facilitation to your basic install and personalization
assistance.

It is precisely to avoid burdening user with this kind of requirement that the
makeUserProfile wizard was introduced in the first place.  The wizard is a
mode-specific implementation of something that optimizes getting going for GUI
capable users and makes it worse for those not GUI capable because now the
other way of doing it is there but inadequately documented and supported and
all that.

Search the UA list archives for 'rosmaita' for discourses on the documentation
requirements of the UAAG.  This is a chronic sore point, that because initial
configuration functions are infrequently performed the publishers forget to
make them accessible.  Thereby defeating the access to all the accessibility
mods they put into the in-use mode.

Al