From: "Tina Marie Holmboe" <tina@elfi.elfi.org>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: netscape 6.1 and mozilla 0.9.3

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:13:52AM -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

 [ Could you quote according to standard, please ? It really messes
   up my mail-handling. Thankyou. ]

> yes, we still have a problem.  the less "special" requirements on the
> user end to make a product usable, the more likely the product will be

  Hm. It seems to me that what you are suggesting, here, is that
  any built-in method for changing the behaviour of a system falls
  into the 'special requirement' cathegory ?

  I would have no difficulty understanding the problem IF the dialog
  you speak of was a) impossible to get around, and b) always necessary.

  The profile dialogue of Mozilla is needed only in the event of a
  multi-user system, and in such a case can be configured to start
  with the profile matching the user currently logged in.

  Should the dialogue be useable with JAWS, it still requires the user
  to select a profile before proceeding. Specifying it directly seems
  a much more flexible and useable method; as well as leaving the
  profile handling to the system administrator instead of the user.

  Could you describe in more detail the problem you see here ? I am
  quite sure I've not understood it properly. From my point of view
  it seems that any system you can set up to automatically remove
  unnecessary bits and pieces of 'fluff' is *more* accessible, not less.

  It certainly does remove complexity that way.

  Thankyou.

--
 - Tina Holmboe