From: "Tina Marie Holmboe" <tina@elfi.elfi.org>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: netscape 6.1 and mozilla 0.9.3

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 04:45:57PM -0400, Demonpenta2@aol.com wrote:

> > I haven't checked every possible problem or its resolution, however
the
> > profile selection seems to be completely unusable via jaws and this
will
> > exclude blind users, I believe, as well as my clients.
>
>        Oh. beautiful....Y'know, this brings up a huge thought...Does
anyone
> bother to talk to Hunter-Joyce/Freedom Scientific about these things?
I've
> been noticing a LOT of things like this, where it seems like a little
input
> from the developers could go a long way.

  Hang on for a moment. I've not tested this in Netscape, but in
  Mozilla 0.9.3 (which is the latest stable release), the command

     mozilla -P profilename

  starts the browser without prompting for a profile. This should solve
  the described problem, yes ?

  I am making the less-than-ideal assumption here that a visually
impaired
  user is not sharing her/his machine with too many other people in the
  same situation, and in such a case defaulting the profile with -P
should
  work.

--
 - Tina Holmboe