Re: netscape 6.1 and mozilla 0.9.3

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 05:21:05PM -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

> about the original question which was pointing out the fact that the
> profile box did not work with a screen reader.  This should be over come

  Correct. However, the profile box is not a necessary evil, as it
  can be circumvented - I do so regularly to avoid Mozilla hanging whilst
  waiting for input if I open it trough - for instance - xchat or tkrat
  (IRC and mail client respectively).

  This is - in my opinion - a very similar situation. I use several
  virtual monitors, and a browser window always appear on one specific
  one of them. If, then, I start the browser from a different virtual
  monitor I cannot see the profile box, and it will theoretically
  hang there until I check. The problem has alot in common with the
  oh-so-popular pop-up windows on the web; some of which pop up
  on parts of my virtual monitor where I am not looking.

  But enough rambling. The -P workaround does mean that Mozilla is
  able to work with JAWS, yes ? Is this really an accessibility *problem* ?

--
 - Tina Holmboe