Re: Mike Paciello excellent webcast

Bob -
Other than the annoying banner ad and the generic "click this to play this
video with the Real Player" ALT tags that should be modified to identify
specifics about each of the 5 choices available, the site seems quite
accessible.   I'm sure I could easily find sites that are much more
inaccessible than this one.

Karl
_____

Karl Hebenstreit, Jr.
US General Services Administration
Office of Governmentwide Policy
Office of the Chief Information Officer
1800 F Street NW, Room G-12
Washington, DC  20405
E-mail:  Karl.Hebenstreit@gsa.gov
Website:  http://www.gsa.gov

                    "Access                To:     "Harvey Bingham" <hbingham@acm.org>
                    Systems"               cc:     w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, "Mike Paciello" <paciello@webable.com>, (bcc:
                    <accessys@smart        Karl F. Hebenstreit Jr./MJ/CO/GSA/GOV)
                    .net>                  Subject:     Re: Mike Paciello excellent webcast
                    Sent by:
                    w3c-wai-ig-requ
                    est@w3.org

                    08/14/01 07:54
                    PM

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Harvey Bingham wrote:

Excellent example of an inaccessible site!

Bob

> Excellent webcast of keynote presentation by Mike Paciello for a
> MacroMedia workshop on Section 508. Mike introducing accessibility,
> ICADD, WAI, WCAG, to show precedents for Section 508. Audience was
> government attendees. Mike has consented to my posting this.
>
> I played it on Real Player running on Windows. Even the real-time
> visual-only captioning is readable at 2x magnification.
>
> Link from frame on right of page:
>
> http://www.tvworldwide.com/event_macromedia_061301.cfm
>
> Regards/Harvey Bingham

   /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign       accessBob                       .-.
   \ /   NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail   accessys@smartnospam.net        /v\
    X    NO MSWord docs in e-mail    Access Systems, engineers      // \\
   / \   NO attachments in e-mail    equal access is a civil right /( _ )\

THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privleged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks