RE: Site Maps and Screen Readers

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:19:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: Steven McCaffrey <SMCCAFFR@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
cc: WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Well, I think you had two questions. The WCAG one is fair game for this list.
(Actually I think that part of it is an important question for this list and
the WCAG group). Interpreting laws is a whole different ball game, and while
it is a valid question there are better places to get the best answers.

I don't think you need to phrase it in terms of WCAG specifically, although I
tend to do that by instinct if I think that WCAG covers something well enough
and also if I think that a question reveals a problem in using WCAG. Phrasing
them in terms of accessibility impact is a good thing though.

Cheers

Charles