RE: Please take a look at this website . . .

Based on the press release,
http://app2.streampipe.com/vtc/switch.tc?c=4&cn=demo&s=20031&e=876 has a
demo of a recent event.  I'm not a streaming media expert, but I have read
in http://www.webaim.org/Articles/embeddedmp.php that embedded players
aren't accessible.  And I think pop-up windows in general are poor
accessibility practice--little or no user controls, like sizing, and
confusing for people using screen readers.

Aside from the pop-up window, I'm curious about why they created the
captions on/off window, rather than using the "caption" channel built in to
Real Player (and, I believe, Windows Media). The way I read the multimedia
guidelines (http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/guide/1194.24.htm#(e)),
you're supposed to be able to turn captions on and off--webcasting the
closed-caption version isn't user-friendly or 508-compliant), but I haven't
seen anyone use this. Everything I've read seems to indicate that
508-compliant webcasting is possible--and preferable--using the stand-alone
player and the built-in caption channels, so I'm skeptical about their
"captioning solution" claim.

The real challenge to 508-compliant multimedia is going to be incorporating
audio descriptions in live broadcasts.  I'd love to see an example of that,
if it's out there.