Re: Transparency and linked objects was Re: javascript dhtml and browser variations

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:30:30 +0100
To: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
David wrote:
On the other hand, the view was that
areas set transparent with style="color: transparent" ought to ignore
mouse clicks and let them through to the underlying layer.

Does this refers to transparency within an image, or is it transparency of
an object other than an image.

If it refers to images was this implemented?
why does it only relate to png and not gif images?
perhaps someone could expand?

It had been suggested to me that the issue was one for CSS, and I had
thought it was related to the DOM, apologies if this error was confusing.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory