Re: Text version of image used as a link

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:53:30 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> If I have an image used as a link and I add 'alt' text
> are there any circumstances where I would _also_ need
> to supply a standard text link to the same target?

Given that you shouldn't be using images of text, you will
need a text version unless the image is a universally recognized
icon (these are extremely rare as images in real web sites).

If you are foregoing a high level of compliance and using text
as images, you will need a text link if the text in the image
is not in a clean font with good colour contrasts.