Re: Text unavailable to sighted users but available to screen reader users

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:54:13 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> Would it be acceptable to provide a warning message,
> something like 'Submitting this form may result in a
> pop-up dialog being displayed' before the submit
> button, in the same color as the background?
> Thus (I believe) making the text available to screen
> reader users but not to sighted users?

This will show up on any device that cannot display colours or
doesn't understand the styling used to set the colours.  It is
a known trick for stuffing keywords for search engines and may
result in the site being boycotted by major search engines.

One is expecting a major change in content when one submits a
form, so one of the main reasons for avoiding popups doesn't apply.