Re: Process/Procedure for Accessibility Testing of Software

Hi Kynn,

Look at IBM's software accessibility information. It's quite extensive.
I've found the Microsoft software accessibility guidelines to be very much
geared to developers writing applications for Windows.

The IBM Accessibility Center:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/

At MIT we are in the process of creating a software accessibility policy,
guidelines and recommendations for both software purchasers and developers
and are referring to the IBM guidelines.  We are combining these with our
Web access policy and recommendations.  So many applications these days have
Web front ends that the line is getting blurry. WGBH/NCAM has also released
great guidelines for accessible software for education at:

http://main.wgbh.org/wgbh/pages/ncam/cdrom/guideline/

The best resource with links to these sites and more is the Trace page at:

http://www.trace.wisc.edu/world/computer_access/software/

Sun  has info for developers about software accessibility at:
http://www.sun.com/access/developers/

-jean-