Re: Animated GIFs and accessibility guidelines

At 02:37 PM 2001-03-04 -0500, Marti wrote:
>Caution here - stopping the gif also stops the download of the page (at
>least in IE and NN) not really an optimum solution.
>Marti

AG::

I think that's why Rob asked Adam for example techniques.  I think that they
are talking about things like un-checking "play animations" under Internet
Options / Advanced in IE.  Not hitting the View / Stop command interactively.

The User Agent Accessibility Guidelines [at least as of the current working
group draft] does say that suppressing the animation is a function the User
Agent should offer.

3. Allow configuration not to render some content that [...]
 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/UAAG10/#gl-feature-on-off>http://www.w3.org/WAI/
UA/UAAG10/#gl-feature-on-off

Al