From: "Jeff Isom" <jeff@cpd2.usu.edu>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: February 08, 2001 8:58 PM
Subject: Screen readers and images

Can anyone explain to me how screen readers handle images?  I was
under the
impression that if an image doesn't have an alt tag, the screen reader
would
read a file name or something similar.  Is this correct, or does the
screen
reader simply skip the image as if it were not there.

Thanks,
Jeff Isom