Re: bobby compliant

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 07:51:12 -0800
To: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>
Cc: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "'marti@agassa.com'" <marti@agassa.com>, "'bobby@cast.org'" <bobby@cast.org>
At 06:42 AM 2/5/2001 , Bailey, Bruce wrote:
>Dear Marti et al.,
>
>I've been as much a critic of Bobby as anyone.  Still, I would disagree with
>your statement that "passing Bobby does not mean a site is accessible".
>Passing Bobby _IS_ a fair test for accessibility!

No, that's not correct.  It's better to say "failing Bobby _is_ a
fair test for inaccessibility!"

If your web site can't pass Bobby, then I am pretty sure it would
meet _no one's_ standard of accessibility.  If your site _can_ pass
Bobby, then it may or may not be broadly accessible.

It's good as an indicator of problems, but bad as a guarantor of
"no problems."

--Kynn

Kynn Bartlett
Sr. Engineering Product Leader