Re: A question of titles

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 10:25:42 -0800
To: Jim Thatcher <thatch@attglobal.net>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 11:48 PM 1/29/2001 , Jim Thatcher wrote:
>I have a question on 12.1 (Priority 1):
><Quote>
>12.1 Title each frame to facilitate frame identification and navigation.
><end quote>
>If each frame page has a (good, informative) title element, but there is no
>name attribute or title attribute on the frame elements within the frameset
>element, do you think that satisfies 12.1?

Jim, no, because you are titling the pages within the frame, but
not titling the frame itself.  A title for a frame describes the
function -of the frame-, not the contents it contains.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com/
Technical Developer Relations, Reef           http://www.reef.com/