Re: Accessible _By_

Charles wrote:

> There used to be (maybe there still is) a web site that you could submit a
> URI to and it would send back a page with images of what your page would
> look like in an assortment of browsers. I don't know how they did it, but it
> was quite effective (although purely visual).

The ones I've seen just filtered the elements and attributes and assumed
that you were using a relatively powerful browser and that all browsers
render what they understand more or less the same way (Lynx emulation may
have been real screen shots - there are/have been Lynx gateways using
real Lynx).

> OK, if a profit-motive is necessary, it could be a stand-alone package and
> sold at a reasonable price (or a subscription site). If it were well done,
> I'd buy one. So would a lot of organizations and individuals.

I don't see many businesses buying such a product.  The generally only
care about two to four browsers (two generations each of NS and IE), don't
care about people with scripting off, etc., and are more interested in
differences in scripting/DOM behaviour than static HTML handling.