RE: Caution about Style Sheets

Actually breaking consistency can seriously break accessibility of a site in
certain contexts. (That's why there is a checkpoint for consistency of
navigation mechanisms for example). I belive Len Kasday is an expert on
shared work environments, and the requiremnt that they impose for some kind
of consistency - not absolute layout integrity in the print sense, but the
functional equivalent in a user interface sense. So maybe he can comment on
that.

Thhere is also the qwuestion of priority. WCAG doesn't just specify things
that are impossible or not impossible, unlike the approach apparently taken
by the US 508. So things that are technically possible but painfully
difficult, and effective blocks to reasonable efficiency (which is a major
problem in a work environment) are listed in WCAG as Priority 2 requirements.

Charles McCN