RE: B vs Strong

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:17:49 -0800
To: "Charles F. Munat" <chas@munat.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 1:36 AM -0800 1/19/01, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>  > They didn't deprecate all the presentational HTML.  Transitional
>  > HTML/XHTML is not deprecated.
>Only as a stopgap measure.

But XHTML is itself a stopgap measure.  Why is one stopgap measure
different from another?

>  > Trying to structure content using XHTML and not XML is really like
>>  trying to draw a photo-realistic sunset using an 8-color box of
>  > crayolas, instead of mixing your own paint colors.
>Golly, I've seen some pretty nice stuff done with crayons though...

Exactly.  You -can- do fun stuff with crayons.  You're just very
limited if what you're striving for is an accurate representation
of a sunset, which I equate, in this analogy, with an accurate
representation of structured content.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>