Re: B vs Strong

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:15:54 -0800
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, Davey Leslie <davey@inx-jp.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 3:25 AM -0500 1/19/01, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I don't think Kynn has said XHTML is a waste of time. I do see him saying
>that XML in general is more useful than HTML in general. As it happens, I
>find it easiest to collaborate with people if I use a form of HTML, and I
>find it easiest to actually have stuff that works for proper semantic control
>and so on if I use XML. The result is that I get pretty much the best of both
>worlds with XHTML (I use rather more attributes and fewer elements to carry
>semantics than I would really like, but it's a compromise for the real

Hi Chaalz, of course the "right" way to do it is to use XML for
content storage and XSL to transform it into XHTML for collaboration
and display purposes.  :)

Of course, no, I don't do that myself outside of work projects -- although
I don't put much on the web these days besides my personal web site

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>