Re: Somehwhat OT - Size of Accessibility Market

The E-Europe Initiative commits all The European Parliament and its members
to ensure that all their own Web Content meets WCAG double-A conformance
within a couple of years (I forget the exact date). I don't have figures on
what that market is worth, but it isn't small...

Again, Accessibility is generally important to the Education market, and
again I don't have figures.

Cheers

Charles McCN

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 09:47 AM 1/12/2001 , you wrote:
  >IHas anyone seen any new numbers on what the size of the accessibility
  >market and/or anyone seen any numbers on the potential market size for
  >accessibility testing tools?
  >I have a client who wants to know.

  Well, web accessibility is now a requirement for any projects
  undertaken by the world's largest employer, the U.S. federal
  government.  Section 508 requirements mean that any project that
  uses information technology in any way -must- address the
  issue of access by people with disabilities.

  --Kynn

until 6 January 2001 at:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France