RE: Indicating Compliance

I agree that there is value in being able to claim compliance on a page by
page basis, for the reasons described.

I wrote a bit about using RDF to claim compliance to anything - it is
available at http://www.w3.org/1999/11/conforms/ - that has a URI (I guess
the section 508 rules do. I need to update that to provide information on how
to add the stuff to an HTMl page (there are two ways: one is to use
namespaces in XHTML, the other is to us a link rel="meta" element or a
profile attribute). THere are also more tools around now that can be used to
work with this stuff - the RDF interest group at W3C is a place to find out
about them.

This is a bit of work that may one day be further developed into, or
obsoleted by, a language for describing accessibility of content, being
developed by the Evaluation and Repair Tools group. That is designed to have
all the features of what I did (for example claiming conformance for a whole
page to a whole set of guidelines, or for one element on a page to a
particula checkpoint or subcheckpoint)

Cheers

Charles McCN