Re: Fw: Disturbing trend in tables

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:35:24 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> other WYSIWYG editors. I would _love_ to see _specific_ examples of 'bad'
> HTML generated by FrontPage (or DreamWeaver) and how you got the HTML
> generated.

The typical early frontpage errors were overlapping elements,
inline elements not terminated before a block element, multiple
empty inline elements, incorrect doctypes.

FP 2000 may be better, but it doesn't generate a doctype at all.

These tools also encourage non-structural markup, by the way their
user interface makes such markup easier than proper markup.