Re: Fw: Disturbing trend in tables

From: Frank Tobin <ftobin@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:36:50 -0600 (CST)
To: Erik Hodge <ehodge@real.com>
cc: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Erik Hodge, at 11:14 -0800 on Wed, 10 Jan 2001, wrote:

    Actually, without a closing /p tag, it is not valid XML and thus not
    valid XHTML.  Is the lack of a closing p element causing the problem
    in JAWS, or is it that JAWS just doesn't allow for p tags within a table?
    It sounds like the tool that output this XHTML needs to be fixed to
    output valid XML.  If adding a closing p tag to each td does not result
    in JAWS functioning properly, then it seems JAWS should be fixed as well.

Well, I was assuming that there would be a closing tag, of course
(although I do now see that the example you had did not have a closing
tag).  It clearly wasn't xhtml, anyways, since it used a <font> elemement.

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/