Re: Fw: Disturbing trend in tables

From: Frank Tobin <ftobin@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:49:11 -0600 (CST)
To: Tina Marie Holmboe <tina@elfi.elfi.org>
cc: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Tina Marie Holmboe, at 16:10 +0100 on Wed, 10 Jan 2001, wrote:

    I believe you are seeing the results of - yet another - hack to
    achieve a visual layout. From the above I would make a guess that
    they are trying to get extra space on top of the cell, and - as we
    all know - a <P> 'makes' extra space.

Personally, I don't quite see what the problem is.  First, it's perfectly
valid xhtml to have paragraphs inside of a td.  Second, what if there are
semantically two paragraphs in side the td?  How would you propose
distuinguishing them if without <p>?

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/