RE: QUESTION: use of javascript to comply with Sect 508

From: Reidy Brown <rbrown@blackboard.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:31:16 -0500
To: "'Beth Skwarecki'" <skwareea@screech.cs.alfred.edu>
Cc: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sorry, I should have been clearer about the motivation behind this question.
Someone has asked me to help them with javascripts that comply to section
508 (for a govt. site, I believe).

I was going to tell them the general WAIS philosophy of "if the page works
without javascript, you're ok for accessibility"-- then I realized that this
wasn't actually what section 508 says at all. So then the question is, "What
does Section 508 require?"

Anyone have any answers?

Reidy