Very sad news: Len Kasday

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:58:27 -0400
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org, WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
It is with the greatest sadness that I write that Leonard Kasday has passed
away. All of us here at W3C will miss his enthusiasm and spirit greatly.

Len has served as Chair of the Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group at
W3C since it started three years ago, and worked extensively in other areas
of the Web Accessibility Initiative as well. Len worked for the Institute
on Disabilities/University Affiliated Program and Department of Electrical
Engineering at Temple University, and was the author of the accessibility
evaluation tool "the WAVE."

A memorial service is being planned, sometime this coming week in the
Philadelphia area. We will forward additional information as soon as it is
available.

In lieu of more complete information at this time, here is a link to his
home page...
	http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday/

- Judy Brewer
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)