Re: asterisks and footnotes

From: Miraz Jordan <miraz@firstbite.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 07:36:24 +1200
To: <iristopa@excite.com>, W3c-Wai-Ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 11:38 -0700 16/05/2001, iris wrote:
>fantastic!  i can't believe we didn't come up with this ealier.  see, my
>main interest is in making it less confusing for screenreader users.
>jumping around in the text is confusing, especially for such a bagatelle.
>this is a really good solution.  thank you sooo much.
>
>thanks for all the other input too
>
>iris
>
>On Wed, 16 May 2001 12:09:31 -0400, Marti wrote:
>
>>   Why not put the explanation of the * just before the table - in a quick
>look
>>   it seemed that it meant the same thing inside each table.
>>   (in this table * indicates Blah blah blah)
>>   Marti
>  >

Having looked at the table I see you have two different notes (but
only two). You could perhaps use superscript A and M instead of the
asterisk as that would be more mnemonic. If I were hearing the page I
think it would be easier to remember A for Access Summit than * means
Access Summit.

Cheers,

Miraz

--