Re: use of the "d" link for images

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:57:17 -0400
To: "Jamie Mackay" <Jamie.Mackay@cultureandheritage.govt.nz>, "Jeff Isom" <jeff@cpd2.usu.edu>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
this is nicely done.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie Mackay" <Jamie.Mackay@cultureandheritage.govt.nz>
To: "'David Poehlman'" <poehlman1@home.com>; "Jeff Isom"
<jeff@cpd2.usu.edu>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 6:11 PM
Subject: RE: use of the "d" link for images

Here is an example of what (I think) David is talking about:

I tend to use both D links and Longdesc tags (though this provokes a bug
Bobby which complains about repeating the link phrase.) Hopefully one
day I
will be able to get rid of all the D tags, but in the meantime I use
titles to describe them. I don't think just "description of previous
or something is adequate though is it? - surely the description should
to the specific image if the link is going to be read out with a bunch

Jamie Mackay

The second question is what form it should take.  I preffer telling
people what is being described such as: "description of web access
another approach is to write a separate page and provide a link such as:
"descriptins of images on this page".  on the separate page, you can
write the descriptions and title them accordingly.  you can even do this
any way and use d links to call up the appropriate portions of the page
but this does not always work.