Re: Should accesskey focus or activate?

I don't knowe that there's one right answer for something like this.  It
is quite common in application software for a shortcut key to not only
focus but also activate an item.  In an e-mail program for example I can
press alt-s and have my message sent, as opposed to just placing focus on
some send button.  So if I'm using a web-based e-mail program I'd likely
want the same functionality.

On a link there are many options I can take.  Activating the link is just
one of them.  So focus moving but not activating doesn't seem like a bad
idea to me.