Re: <PRE> tag

From: Lynn Alford <lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:00:35 +1000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 08:58 10/04/01 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:38 AM 4/10/2001, laura.dangelo@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca wrote:
>>We have some International Pension Agreements that are next to impossible to
>>format  without using the <blockquote> tag and since we can not use
>
>Why would they be impossible to format without using <blockquote>?
>I'm confused.
>
>If they are block quotations, then they should be marked up using
>using <blockquote>.
>
>If you need to, say, indent sections of text, then you should use
>Cascading Style Sheets to produce that indentation effect.

Agreed, most of my style sheets have a style like

.tab {
         margin-left : 2em;
         margin-right : 2em;
}

which is used as <p class="tab">Indent this stuff.</p>

and sometimes I will specify several levels of tab by

.tab1 {
         margin-left : 4em;
         margin-right : 4em;
}

for a deeper indent.

Lynn
--
Teaching & Learning Development 	Tel 	(07) 47 81 5525
ACADEMIC SUPPORT DIVISION 	        Fax:  	(07) 47 81 4018