Parody of commercial websites

From: <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:39:50 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

>[14]http://www.joeclark.org/book.html#parody

Well, one should probably clarify this. To use as a testbed for my
book, we're designing a completely believable parody of a commercial
Web site, with all the standard doohickeys you find on something
Razorfish bills 300 grand to produce.

There are about 20 volunteers so far. The idea is that we produce 20
or so completely believable pages, using real-world design tropes *no
matter how ill-advised*, and then *also* make them accessible,
proving that accessibility can be applied to commercial sites. (Yes,
Kynn, this says nothing about optimization, but one thing at a time.)

You can still help out if you want. Mail me.

- --
         Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
         Author, _Building Accessible Websites_
         (New Riders Publishing, October 2001)