RE: Politics: Strict Guidelines Considered Harmful

From: Jim Thatcher <thatch@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:31:53 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Charles F. Munat:
In my experience, "realistic" is an industry code word for "requires little
effort and costs us nothing."

Jim Thatcher:
Not True in fact or in my experience or when I use the term. Absolutely not
true.

Previously Jim Thatcher:
"Like you said, we all share the dream of an accessible web. ...

Charles F. Munat:
I beg to differ.
Who is this "we" who share the dream of an accessible web?

Jim:
I thought it would mean people on this list.

Charles F. Munat:
What corporations "dream of" are sites that are accessible without any
effort or expense

Jim: That would be nice.

Charles F. Munat:
incomprehensibly abstract to Mr. Thatcher,

Jim:
Dr. Thatcher to you Charles.

Charles F. Munat (amongst over ranting):
If the members of this list believe that passage of 508 solved anything,
they are sadly mistaken.

Jim:
I certainly don't think 508 solves anything. But it sure is on course to
bring about solutions, to bring about substantial change.

Jim
jim@jimthatcher.com
Accessibility Consulting
http://jimthatcher.com