Re: Politics: Strict Guidelines Considered Harmful

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:15:31 -0800
To: Davey Leslie <davey@inx-jp.org>, "Charles F. Munat" <chas@munat.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 8:51 PM +0900 12/15/00, Davey Leslie wrote:
>Kynn:
>Your Avoidance Theory of Web Design is clever but, to paraphrase Jessie
>Jackson, "doesn't pass the smell test."

Hi, Davey, can you explain this a little further?  I think I understand
what you are saying but I am not sure.

I do have serious fears that if we reach too far and demand too much
(and I _do_ believe that's possible; this may be a point of philosophic
disagreement right there), then the WAI and WCAG will become meaningless
by forcing people to choose between accessibility and decent design
practices.  I don't want that choice to be made and I don't think
it's necessary, -because- I think it's a case where accessibility
will lose consistently.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>