RE: breaking up links

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:46:38 -0500
To: "'Jamie Mackay'" <Jamie.Mackay@cultureandheritage.govt.nz>
Cc: "'WAI Interest Group (E-mail)'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
One very easy thing to do is to end each link with a period.  Make sure that
the "." is outside of the ending </A>
This is technique is subtle enough that it won't degrade your visual
presentation, but can make quite a bid of difference to screen reader.  I
know some authors even go the extra step of putting periods at the end of
each <LI> but then using CSS to render the punctuation invisible.