Re: [Fwd: [webwatch] Fw: VIP-L: online accessibility]

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:05:20 +0100 (BST)
To: S.Vassallo@e-bility.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> boxes for secondary navigation.  I understand that accessibility may be
> problem if the site uses JavaScrip to deliver these links and/or if the

True drop downs cannot be done in pure HTML.  You can provide fallbacks
easily, but very few people do.  What you must do is write a
conventional link to the menu and make sure that the site is navigable
without pulldowns, then add an onclick action that returns false.

E.g. <a onclick="Popit('menu'); return false;" href="straigthforward link"...