Re: belittling designers, two kinds of accessibility

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:13:20 -0700
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
David,
	In the US, curricula vary by state, district, and school, but in eighth
grade (age 12) civics, students typically learn consumer skills, and in
12th grade (high school senior - age 17) English they typically learn
persuasive writing skills. Student mileage in a curriculum will vary ...
<grin>

				Anne

At 09:50 PM 10/26/00 +0100, David Woolley wrote:
>I think schools should actually teach pupils sales skills.  They probably
>are reluctant to do this because they think in terms of it being too
>commercial, but it would also help consumers to understand the techniques
>being used to influence them and allow them to be more objective.

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling
apembert@crosslink.net