Re: belittling designers, two kinds of accessibility

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:13:20 -0700
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
	In the US, curricula vary by state, district, and school, but in eighth
grade (age 12) civics, students typically learn consumer skills, and in
12th grade (high school senior - age 17) English they typically learn
persuasive writing skills. Student mileage in a curriculum will vary ...

At 09:50 PM 10/26/00 +0100, David Woolley wrote:
>I think schools should actually teach pupils sales skills.  They probably
>are reluctant to do this because they think in terms of it being too
>commercial, but it would also help consumers to understand the techniques
>being used to influence them and allow them to be more objective.
Anne L. Pemberton
Enabling Support Foundation