From: Kathleen Anderson [mailto:kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 4:08 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Best tools for accessible design?

Something else that FrontPage doesn't do: when a web site is created
using a FrontPage theme, there is no way for the developer to edit the
generated code and add the alt text for images. This was the subject of
a rather heated "discussion" on one of the FrontPage lists I subscribe
to, just about a year ago.

Some people said it was a bug, others said it wasn't a bug because FP
was working the way it was designed to work. It was said that the web
developer could not modify the generated code with their own alt text
because it is generated code that is rewritten from scratch each time.

It was said by someone that we could suggest that it be considered for a
future release.

--
Kathleen Anderson
mailto:kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us