Re: Statistical and other questions

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:05:33 -0700
To: Amy.Belanger@kohls.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 03:01 PM 10/23/2000 , Amy.Belanger@kohls.com wrote:
>A designer that I work with and I were discussing about the necessity of
>making the site we are creating accessible to the visually impaired. We
>were curious if there was any statistical information regarding percentages
>of US web users that are visually impaired or blind.

I don't know of any "firm" figures, but I like to refer to the
numbers from the Georgia Tech Internet Survey:

If you find better sources of information you want to make a
persistent information resource which can be linked to by others...

Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Director of Accessibility, Edapta               http://www.edapta.com/
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain Internet   http://www.idyllmtn.com/
AWARE Center Director                      http://www.awarecenter.org/