Re: Statistical and other questions

At 03:01 PM 10/23/2000 , Amy.Belanger@kohls.com wrote:
>A designer that I work with and I were discussing about the necessity of
>making the site we are creating accessible to the visually impaired. We
>were curious if there was any statistical information regarding percentages
>of US web users that are visually impaired or blind.

I don't know of any "firm" figures, but I like to refer to the
numbers from the Georgia Tech Internet Survey:

      http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/user_surveys/survey-1998-10/graphs/general/q12.htm

If you find better sources of information you want to make a
persistent information resource which can be linked to by others...

--K

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Director of Accessibility, Edapta               http://www.edapta.com/