Re: text:graphic [3]

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 07:41:01 -0700
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 09:04 PM 10/8/00 -0400, Al Gilman wrote:
>Anne, you mentioned search engines that let you ask for pictures.  Do you
>have a favorite?

Al, Checked out Altavista, Excite, Yahoo, and Lycos, my four usual search
engines. Altavista and Excite allow you to select images (Altavista) or
photos (Excite) from the search. Yahoo and Lycos do not. I used Davy
Crockett to test, and Altavista and Excite each returned a very different
set of pictures each. Altavista returned a larger set of pictures than
Excite, and Altavista's set included pictures I could use with the
students, while Excite returned pictures from a Davy Crockett campground,
and photos of people named Crockett, not what I needed.

				Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling